Monday 24 October 2011

Etsy Six-Pack

***I have fixed the commenting issues, so feel free to comment on anything now...it makes me happy hehe***


I love Etsy! There, I have finally publicly professed my love. Most of you (if there's even anyone reading this) already know how much I love it, since I did the majority of my wedding shopping through the site. For those of you who don't know what Etsy is (because perhaps you've been living under a rock?), it is an online marketplace for all handmade, vintage, and just generally amazing "things". You can literally find pretty much whatever you want on this site. I love this site, because not only can you find great handmade gifts for friends (or yourself hehe) you are supporting small businesses.  
   So, without further adieu, I present the first Etsy Six-Pack. Where once a week, I will be showcasing some of my favourites, some recommended, and some just random shops. 


How many people has Halloween just gone and snuck up on? Jase and I were tossing around some great costume ideas, and now all of a sudden it's a week before, EEP! Best get my butt in gear and start making our costumes...I do believe a Valu-Village trip may be in order. So, in honour of Halloween I've pulled together some shops that will help you get in the (Halloween) mood.



First up, digibuddha paperie will help you get the word out that you're having a spectacular Halloween party. They also have great holiday cards, birth announcements, and other invitations. 


How great are these jewellery pieces from KasketKustoms? I mean, come on, look at the eyeball ring. I want it. Casually resting your hand so it stares at someone freaking them out. They have a whole spooky array, from rings, to necklaces, even cufflinks. They do creepy very well.


Next up is a shop that helps make you smell delicious. Symbolic Imports sells soaps, sugar scrubs, lip balms, a plethora of delicious skin care products. I am particularly fond of the way the the candy corn soap bar looks. I don't know if I'd want to use it, or just display it's prettiness.


Moving from personal decorations, to home decorations altered artichoke offers high res. images for download that you can do use however you may choose. Print the halloween images on a pillow, or an old sheet to hang on your door.


Since I still don't have a costume done, maybe something from devowevo will do. I do like that fluffy looking monster costume. They have some pretty wacky stuff in this shop, that don't have to be used for Halloween.


Lastly, Lillith snapped has some great photos you can use to decorate your walls for Halloween, or just for anytime. They have a great selection of spooky and lovely prints.

Well, I hope that my picks for this week helped you get in the Halloween mood. Maybe gave some inspiration for your own Halloween party, or costume, or whatever you're doing this year to celebrate. 





No comments:

Post a Comment