Wednesday 8 February 2012

Dinner Party Dishes

So, one of the only things we didn't get that we registered for, that I really wanted was a nice set of white "formal" dinnerware.  I love throwing dinner parties, a lot of you have been to a few. They are fun...and I love to cook, and decorate and whatnot, so I have dinner parties. So I was really looking forward to getting some nice plates I could use to entertain with. I can't really blame anyone for not getting the ones I registered for because, well, I registered at The Bay, and they are ridiculously over priced. Sure the stuff they have are good quality, but $37/plate good quality? Probably not haha. I registered for 12 pieces of each, the dinner plate and the "bridge" salad plate...so for my 32 piece set it would've been over $864! I'm glad that no one got any for us, because I don't know if I could've lived with myself knowing that someone payed $37 for one plate! And in all honesty, I didn't even really like them, I just thought they were really cool, and knew I needed entertaining dinnerware...and well, that registry gun is suuuuper fun! 


Now I am glad for another reason that no one bought me the set...and that I didn't go out and get it like I was originally thinking of doing with some of the wedding money. Honestly, I don't even know why that thought crossed my mind haha, just thinking of spending almost a grand on plates makes me sick to my stomach. While tooling around one of my favourite sites, CB2 (which is a subsidiary of Crate & Barrel for those who don't know) (Also, there is going to be a CB2 opening in Toronto in early spring!!!! AOGIBODNG!!! SOOO excited, Jason might have to lock me up, because Toronto is a lot closer!) Anyway, I am glad I held off, because I found some wonderful entertaining pieces.




They are the Terrain. They are beautiful. I love them. They fit perfectly in with what I have planned for our dining room. I like that they're sort of an egg shape, and that the salad plate is a different colour, it's a bit unexpected, no? And I can't get enough of that bowl! I love that their a bit more "modern", but they're white (well and taupe) so they'll be timeless. Not like some of that china that your parents have with tacky borders, and flowers and whatnot, that were fine in the 80's but are very out of date now. I feel as though the shape probably will go out of style at some point...but because they're neutral they won't be as "stuffy" like that stuff parents have. And I can always update the tablescapes to fit with the times.


Want to know what the best part of these are? They're not even CLOSE to $800 for 16 of each piece! For 48 pieces they're only about $280! WAHOO! Everytime I bring them up, Jason rolls his eyes,  he just doesn't understand haha. These suckers are the main reason we're going to Chicago for my birthday - that and I've always wanted to go haha. So in a few short weeks I'll have them in my hands, and will have yet another reason to want the kitchen and dining room to be done...dinner party!

No comments:

Post a Comment